I like taking pictures but I am not a camera expert.
I take photos either at special occasions such as weddings and parties - all low light and indoor, or on holiday usually outside in bright sunshine.
For indoor shots, I nearly always take photos of people who are moving, either walking down the isle or swaying due to drunkenness.
In the past year I've had a:
FujiFilm Finepix F500 (£109 refurbished Jan 2012):
+ Good wide angle lense,
+ Good zoom
+ Okay low light photos.
+ Good auto focus.
- Outside photos could have been better
- Too small to for shoulder strap, too large for pockets
- 2 broke within 12 months.
Nikon Coolpix L810 (£122.97 new Oct 2012)
+ Even better wide angle lens and even better long zoom.
- It took an average of 5 seconds to auto focus on all indoor photos, with many occasions when the camera failed to focus at all.
- All photos were blurred either badly or just at true size meaning there was no chance of getting a cropped photo from the original
Both cameras have been returned. So what should I have as my next camera:
The wish list is:
Very quick autofocus
Good quality photos
Large lense preferably 25mm equivalent or smaller and 12* + optical zoom.
Good quality photos.
I do not care at all if the camera is 8mp or 16mp. I would also prefer a small camera but that is unlikely. My backup cammeras are: Olympus Mju Mini or My Samsung Galaxy S3 work phone.
I am happy to purchase new, refurbished or second hand but my budget is upto £150. I am also willing to make small compromises.
Thank in Advance Alex
Fuji F500, Nikon L810, What Next?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users