Photo

Fujifilm X-e1 Vs Panasonic Lumix Gh3

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Which would you rather have with you?

Which would you rather have with you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ijster

Ijster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hello everyone!

I've been looking for a new camera for a few months now. I have owned a Canon EOS 50E (for which I still have 2 bits of sigma glass) and a fairly recent panasonic point'n'shoot.
I'm looking for an interchangable lens camera that is good in all situations but in particular must be readily portable and (as a bonus) fast enough to cope with sports photography. I am ready to compromise!

I have seriously considered the Olympus OMD EM-5, but just wasn't comfortable with it in the hand, although the size was fine.

I have been awaiting the arrival of the Panasonic Lumix GH3 for quite a while now but have only just seen the Fujifilm X-E1 which does look very good (at least on paper!).

Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions?

All gratefully received!!!! :-)

#2 Joshua A

Joshua A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

have you tried both of these cameras? the fujifilm X-e1 is a rangefinder while the pana is more like a smallish dslr so shooting style should be different but that is just my opinion. I also believe it would matter if I were to choose between the two. Both cameras are fantastic because of their new sensors especially the fujifilm X-e1 that received a good amount of praise from enthusiasts and even serious photographers because of the good lenses and the phenomenal sensor in any light situation.. The gh3 is a beast as well and should bring fantastic stills but as far as I can recall, the gH3 is more video oriented. It also has a weather proofed body which is great overall.

I guess it really depends on the style of your shooting. If you are going to shoot in a wide variety of situations including those that might put the camera into some harsh conditions then the gh3 should be great and if you are going to mind video as well. if IQ is more of a point to you as well as low light performance on a sexy sexy rangefinder design, the fuji x-e1 is for you!

hope this helps!

#3 Ijster

Ijster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thank you for your reply Joshua! I agree with you - the shooting style will be different. The X-E1, while fantastic looking, is definitely the more 'discreet' of the two.

I have tried the X-E1 but I've seen that the GH3 arrived in the shops in Luxembourg today so I shall check them out side-by-side at the weekend.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users