How To Choose Photo Editing Software

5 replies to this topic

#1 nice365

nice365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Just about everybody takes photos with digital cameras and photo enabled cell phones these days. For the photography enthusiast, photo editing software provides a means to enhance digital photos prior to printing them. While most digital photo products come equipped with such software, sometimes these lack the quality and features desired.

1.Evaluate your current digital camera features and photo editing software capability. Some cameras perform many editing functions internally. Consult with your camera manual for instructions. Give your current photo editing software a decent trial, and determine which features you do and don't like so you know what to look for in an upgraded software package.

2.Set a budget for digital photo editing software. A low-budget will eliminate many digital image products but don't despair, good photo editing software is available even for those on a tight budget. Additionally, consider online auctions, online classifieds and reseller websites for savings. Look for "academic software" versions if you are a student.

3.Determine the purpose of your photos and how you intend to display them, including print, digital photo frame or on the Web. If this is the primary household camera it is important that a photo editing software contains fixes for red eye, basic adjustments (brightness, contrast and hue) and solid print adjustments.

4.Decide how much effort you wish to put into navigating the photo editing software. Generally, the more features the product has the more of a learning curve the software requires. If you like a mainstream product but find it too complicated, look for a scaled down version the company may offer or seek an alternative.

5.Don't pay for unneeded features but recognize those which are important to you. To better organize your photos, select photo editing software that offers a "media manager." Enjoy special effects? Stick with leading manufacturers to accommodate photo special effects packages known as plug-ins.

6.Take advantage of trial versions of photo editing software before you make a purchase. The more photo software products you try the better your level of satisfaction will be. While you may fall in love with one product, a similar one may be available at a reduced cost or with better features.

7.Don't overlook open-source or free photo editing software. For simple photo editing, free "online photo editors" may be sufficient.

dry.gif If you want more Pls Visit Google phone.Tahnks! laugh.gif

#2 adamjohnson16

adamjohnson16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

For free software, The Gimp is by far the leader. It does have a steep learning curve, but then so does any of the commercial options mentioned here. On the upside there are a lot of tutorials available on the net so if you have the intention, learning how to use the gimp is possible.

Of the commercial options, I personally like corel photopaint, but then I have been using corel products since I was 10, and I had a computer with a green screen, so it could just be brand loyalty.

I do have a an older version of photoshop somewhere, but I never took the time to learn how to use the programme, so....

I think at the end of the day, it comes down to how much you are willing to spend.

If you have a big budget, may as well go for photoshop. It is the industry leader after all.

If you have a moderate budget, corel photopaint or adobe photo elements are the way to go.

If you have no budget, then the Gimp.

Today's advertising agencies Media Buying Agencies and Marketing Research Companies are struggling to find their place with brands and the reason is simple. They haven't evolved with you - your limited time, demanding budget parameters, and increased internal expectations.

#3 semontuffel

semontuffel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:reading books

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

The way you have been described about how to choose photo editing software is really good to read and it is might be very helpful for people to edit images. Although, I am using Adobe photoshop cs6 which works really great, in fact there are numbers of people preferring it today.

#4 jounpla

jounpla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

I generally use the photography editing software PhotoStudio . I have GIMP, but it is totally unnecessary for what I do with pictures (plus I don't really understand what all the stuff does). PS is complicated for me sad.gif PhotoStudio has friendly user interface, very easy to use and much like photoshop but its not as good. laugh.gif

#5 xtilla

xtilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I agree sometime you buy expensive software and by the time you get the chance to figure it out a new version is out... I use Photoshop CS5 I think it is great but it did cost a fair bit . I did not mind it though because it relaxes me to work on photo editing. Keep in mind that Adobe provide 30 free trial .... also i suggest you check this link out great stuff on photo editing http://photodigitalt...toshop-tutorial

Cheers, 

#6 sindy1988

sindy1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

I am puzzled in the question for quite a long time until I see your sharing,thanks for your useful information.

cheap rs gold

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users