Photojournalism From Asia Website

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jonathan Taylor

Jonathan Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

I have owned many websites and the choice to put work up on them you love as opposed to images that will get you work is a hard one. With this new website of mine I have pretty much gone in for what I enjoy looking at. Hard documentary no nonsense photojournalism. Jonathan Taylor Photography. As I am trying to attract students to my Bangkok based Photography School Asia I may have gone in for too much grit. But my work on Thailand's top assassins, for instance, and their beliefs is something I wish to show, so there you go. Please take a gander for me. Comments appreciated.
Jonathan Taylor
My Photojournalism website.
My Bangkok based Photography School Asia

#2 GTI

GTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Here's my thoughts:

Photography school Asia - Nice, clean, easy to use. The only photo that is too 'gritty' for my taste is the feature image of the baby being born - I think that might frighten off a few potential students! I would also be tempted to change the link from this site which goes to the other one (Jonathan Taylor Photography). If I were considering buying a photography course then i would want to see photos of the places I will photograph on that course and the types of images that I will be making. Your gritty website could be linked to somewhere in your 'about' section but potential students will be interested in themselves , what they are going to learn and the types of images they will get. You could perhaps go a step further and introduce a student's gallery too...?

Jonathan Taylor Photography - Obviously there is no need to comment on your photography - you already know it is awesome and you obviously have a lot of balls!! I love the imagery - I'm not a fan of dark websites, although I know that many believe they show off images better, but I like the way it is set out with the interactive menu on the left, and it is very simple and lets the images do the talking which is great.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users