Photo

Incentive To Contribute

3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_77

Paul_77

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Computers, Photography, Motorcycles.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

Hi Mark

I am really enjoying your site. I don't want to be to cheely but I'd like to offer another suggestion which i feel may help to enhance the site.

I would like to upgrade my gallery account but as i live in Indonesia and do not have credit cards this is a problem.
To cater to people like myself, yes I have a selfish motive for this suggestion, Would it be possible to bring in a conributions incentive scheme?
For those who make a certain number of critiques over a month or reasonably long period, an upgrade to maybe 20mb or something.

This would have the benifit of encourageing people to contribute to the critique process and become more involved with other members.

I realise this may create an administrative nightmare as I don't know if the number of critiques per member is readily accessible, so maybe it is not practicle.

If you could suggest some method of payment I would be happy to upgrade through the usual method.

By the way, I love the change to the forum setup.

Best Regards
Paul

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

Hi Paul,

The critique idea is a good one, but I think it might be difficult to keep track of.

I think PayPal allows you to use a normal bank card? Also, you don't actually have to register with PayPal to be able to use their service.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 Paul_77

Paul_77

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Computers, Photography, Motorcycles.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Mark, I'll check out PayPal and see if their service is available in Indonesia.

#4 explorationredwing

explorationredwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, arts and crafts, cats, gardening

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:12 PM

I'd like to second Paul's suggestion. If the space-for-comments system would not be practical, would some other reward system be possible, such as a spot on a "gallery of the week" page?

Laura

QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Mar 20 2006, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Paul,

The critique idea is a good one, but I think it might be difficult to keep track of.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users