Photography Blog Or Camera Blog?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kurt

Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Is Photography Blog becoming Kit and Software blog? It appears that the galleries are left to run down as the weekly and monthly competitions have been abandoned. The content of the blog itself has become overwhelmingly concerned with new kit and software. It is a shame. I have enjoyed the interaction on the galleries and the friendly weekly competition over the years.

I am sorry to see the blog becoming overwhelmed with press releases. The occasional reviews are helpful, but it would be nice to see a bit of content other than the very latest kit and software releases from manufacturers.

#2 GlynT

GlynT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

I second that! I was really looking forward to getting stuck into the weekly competition once xmas was out of the way and it seems to have disappeared!!

#3 Kurt

Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (GlynT @ Feb 3 2013, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second that! I was really looking forward to getting stuck into the weekly competition once xmas was out of the way and it seems to have disappeared!!

The forum doesn't appear to be checked out, either!

#4 rohitkumar

rohitkumar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Kurt @ Jan 29 2013, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Photography Blog becoming Kit and Software blog? It appears that the galleries are left to run down as the weekly and monthly competitions have been abandoned. The content of the blog itself has become overwhelmingly concerned with new kit and software. It is a shame. I have enjoyed the interaction on the galleries and the friendly weekly competition over the years.

I am sorry to see the blog becoming overwhelmed with press releases. The occasional reviews are helpful, but it would be nice to see a bit of content other than the very latest kit and software releases from manufacturers.

Yeah I do agree with you but what's new in it. Who is doing anything for the improvement ?

#5 shrinivason

shrinivason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yes, I am with the Rohit saying. Review is necessary for every event.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users