Alternative To Scanning

1 reply to this topic

#1 TedEbear

TedEbear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

Most discussions about making digital copies of film slide and negatives focuses around scanners. I have literally thousands of images I want to copy to digital format and was thinking of using a 8.2 megapixel camera and appropriate lens to copy 35mm film image to full size digital image. However there does not seem to any discussion about using this process. Does anybody have any pros or cons about this?

Thank you
smile.gif

#2 Tombob

Tombob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:47 PM

im no expert on this subject and have never scanned film slide before, but ill have a `go`.

a couple of things that i thought were, you say you have thousands to do, how many thousands? I have read that a Canon EOS 350d shutter life is good for 15k, it`d be a lot of money (in my eyes) to knacker a camera. Havent seen any tests about scanners but they must do more?

also you would be constantly downloading the photos to your PC which takes time. Just thought though; i think some cameras have a remote shooting capability whilst connected to the pc, which i would have thought puts the image straight to the HDD.

Would also be interested to see what other users reakon.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users