Pentax Optio 555

6 replies to this topic

#1 kellyfarris

kellyfarris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:26 PM

I picked up my beautiful Pentax Optio 555 yesterday and I love, love, love it. Question: Is it supposed to be so noisy during macro and supermacro modes? Help! I appreciate any answers. Thank you.

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:42 AM

I've never used this camera before, but maybe it's so noisy because it's trying to find focus at such short distances? Is it noisy during normal operation?
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 kellyfarris

kellyfarris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:37 PM

I figured the same thing but want to make sure so I can exchange it before it's too late. If it's normal then I can live with it.

#4 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:08 AM

Did you buy it locally or mail-order? If the former you could go back and compare your camera to one in the shop. Failing that, do any of your local photography shops have that model in stock? I'm sure they wouldn't mind you comparing your camera with one of theirs, even if you didn't buy it from there!
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#5 Narog

Narog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:33 PM

I have the same problem with mine and will try to check with others when I get time. To me it just doesn't sound OK to be like this

#6 squirrelman

squirrelman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:photography, animals.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:57 AM

I have only had a digital camera for a short time, but I have read that the more noise you get in your shots is due to how high the ISO is set on your camera. The higher setting, the more noise. Just like film cameras, the higher ASA the film is, the more grain. I am guessing that this holds true for macro shots as well.

#7 mikehulsebus

mikehulsebus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:16 AM

By "noisy" do you mean audibly noisy or that the images have a lot of grain to them?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users