Colour Correction 300d

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pond life_*

Guest_pond life_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:15 AM

hi,

I am using a Canon 300D camera with photoshop 7 and a Epson 1290 and am having problems getting the correct colur to my printer.

The colour mode of 300d is sRGB and i can set my printer to not perform its colour adjustment.

I've printed lots of test photos but seem to have at ended up at the same place i started.

In this particular case i can get the sky blue its dirtier (i cant work out whats to low, too high) What i am aiming for is the printer to print whats on the monitor (i have set the gamma using adobe gamma). So i have the flexibility to adjust the photos and produce 'unconventional' images

please please any suggestions (or settings solutions for the above).

thanks for your time

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2004 - 02:58 PM

Is sound like color management problems. Try this website:

http://www.computer-...olour/ps7_1.htm

This website has help me solve my color problem with Photoshop CS and Epson 2200 printer

Bill

#3 etfon911

etfon911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Interests:Love to write, shoot photos and nature.

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:49 PM

While I don't have this camera, and I have an Epson 2200, I found when I bought my new camera recently, it defaults to its own color space in PhotoShop....Nikxxxxx something or other. Without having read the previous post, it is possible that your camera is doing something like this as well...resetting the color space in your image editing software.

#4 earthboundlight

earthboundlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:55 PM

Although not entirely the same problem, your solution is esentially the same as I replied in this post.

If you start with an image in sRGB, you need to use your printer profile to convert to colors your printer likes. Every device has a different response to color. The purpose of a profile is to describe (and thereby allow your system to compensate for) the peculiar response of your printer.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users