8 replies to this topic

#1 menekules

menekules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

Hi,

Iíve got a question. Have you ever insured your camera? I would like to insure my Nikon D50, but I have no idea which company I can trust. I found some leaflet of "E&L Insurance" in "Photography Monthly" and I think theirs offer looks quite reasonable. Have you heard about this company?

Menekules

#2 roset3

roset3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (menekules @ Apr 29 2006, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Iíve got a question. Have you ever insured your camera? I would like to insure my Nikon D50, but I have no idea which company I can trust. I found some leaflet of "E&L Insurance" in "Photography Monthly" and I think theirs offer looks quite reasonable. Have you heard about this company?

Menekules

I can't tell you if they are any good but it is also something that I am looking at. Their name has been mentioned to me a few times from friends and other websites.

#3 theo

theo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:03 AM

I would stay away from E&L (Equine & Livestock!) Don't think i can say why on this forum but take my word for it if you will. i have just insured my equipment with Photoguard. Very happy. A little more expensive than E&L but worth it for peace of mind.

#4 Tombob

Tombob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

I once asked about E+L from other photographers, nearly every one told me to stay away from them!
they suggested an insurance company to me but my memory isnt working at the moment, it will come to me.

Also check your home insurance, see if you can add your gear to it.
tom

#5 4woodpictures

4woodpictures

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:41 PM

I have found that the best assurance of insurance is two in one. I have my camera and equipment covered for loss or theft by my house insurance covering it in or out the home. I also then have Jessops camera insurance which gives me any damage cover i need. Although the repair time is not the fastest with jessops (taking up to 4-6 weeks) i know that it does work well as i have personal experience with the service.

#6 matters

matters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

i'm struggling to find decent camera insurance for kit that I store in the car (about 10k's worth). So far I haven't found many options. I have tried Camera Insurance but this is the same old insurers you see everywhere. E & L and Photoguard. Are they any good?

#7 mr andrex

mr andrex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

Hi,

Menekules

sir i have been there in th epast with minolta xe1 etc....now always check your house insurance and add as an individual item away from home (ie all risks).it works for me on my travels without problms.includes carribean/america/maldives etc

regards

#8 sameashby

sameashby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful Family (husband, 2 kids, bump), photography, walking and reading.<br /><br />I've just got my first SLR!! I have a second hand sony A100 with a 18-70mm macro lens, and I'm happily experimenting with what I can do. I'm really impressed by the fact i can get good pictures of teh children without sticking the camera up their noses! we also have a Canon Ixus 70, which is a wonderful compact camera (I love it, it's brilliant) which is perfect for keeping in a pocket for capturing a great moment. I'm hoping to turn semi pro at some point, so all ideas and constructive criticism is very very welcome!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:34 AM

Hi,

Menekules

My father in law has just been looking into this before his holiday in South America, and his household policy covers, without having to make any changes to it, all his camera equipment, with each individual piece up to £1000, but a total cover limit (ie if you have to replace the lot because it got stolen or fell off a plane or something) of £4000. As that is the standard I suspect that given suitable notice, quotes etc they would probably up the level of cover by including photographic stuff as a listed set of items on the policy, the same as if ou have a particularly valuable item of jewlery. HTH

#9 Aaduki

Aaduki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hi everyone, Nik from Aaduki here!

just a quick post to let you know that we have a profile here and if you want to ask any questions about insurance you feel I might be able to help with then please feel free to send me a private message or post here - private messages are likely to get answered first though as I am not on the forum very often!

If I don't hear from you then feel free to say "hi" at any of the exhibitions you see me at...

If you require further information on insurance please visit our website below:

www.aaduki.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users