Canon 1d Vs 10d

1 reply to this topic

#1 csnudelman

csnudelman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:19 AM

Now that the 1D is discontinued and the price has dropped a good bit I wonder if I would be better off with it's 4meg sensor, because of it's larger size, than the 1D's 6meg?

#2 Clint Smith

Clint Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:28 PM

You dont put what you intend to use the camera for? Both of these are fantastic cameras in most fields. For sport photography I would go for the 1D purely from a frame per second advantage, as well as having a much larger buffer size, and the ability of the camera to do 2 processes at the same time (view a picture and clear the buffer). The difference between 4Mpix and 6Mpix is not a huge jump and becomes irrelevant if you dont intend to print photo's above A4 size. If you were looking for A3 size then I personally would go for the 10D (I'm sure many would say that the 1d is as good at A3 size).
The other difference to look at is that a 1d should get around 100- 150 thousand shutter acuations whereas the 10d i believe is only around 50 000.
I guess at the ned of the day it all depends on how deep your wallet is, and what your style of photography is.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users