3 replies to this topic

#1 sebhk

sebhk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hi,

I bought a D100 nearly a year ago, along with a Battery pack, and a Flash SB80X. Now that the D70 has been released, I'm beginning to ask myself questions... Do you guys think that I should sell my "old" D100+Battery Pack+Flash for a new D70+Battery Pack+SB800 ?

It is actually very likely that I the selling of my "old" equipment will not cover the buying of the new one... Basically, I'll have to pay an extra money, to "downgrade" from camera that is supposed to be more expensive, to a cheaper one. So it is worth the change dry.gif ?

Any insight appreciated.

Thanks !
Sebastien

#2 earthboundlight

earthboundlight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

Unless there is a specific issue you are trying to rememdy, there is little reason to go that far. Both are excellent cameras.

What concerns you?

#3 sebhk

sebhk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:14 AM

Well... I was mainly worried about the image quality. But after looking around in other forums, and discussing with a few people, it turns out that the differences are very minimal between the two cameras. After all, they use the same CCD.

I also would have like to have a greater shooting buffer in RAW mode, but once again, the improvement is only very light in the D70... So I now feel that there would be no point in changing my gear...

Sorry for the trouble, but thanks for answering !

#4 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:57 AM

I thing you're eyes can tell you the truth !

Goto any good photography site with full size sample images of the D70 or D100 and download them to you're PC then take some time to compare them. These two models are now fully tested (and appreciated).

This site offer an image comparometer with both camera in stock !

http://www.imaging-r...OMP/COMPS01.HTM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users