No replies to this topic

#1 simonwest80

simonwest80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

Hello guys

I have been a long time user of the site but this is the first time posting.  Now i just want to know if i am missing anything.  I am on the verge of entering into more serious photography and i have more or less came to the conclusion that the Canon SX 50 is my best choice..................but i dont quite know enough after hours of research and would just like to see if anyone can give me any additional information.

Now my situation is i like wildlife photography, and for me the super zooms for the price are the way to go.  I have used both the SX50 and the Fuji SL1000 and found them both very good cameras and seem to fill all my needs.

So when i look in the shops though i can pick up a T3 or Nikon DSLR for about the same price.  Is there any reason i should be considering this option?  Like i said other than playing with standard compacts or cell phone cameras my photography has been restricted to a few hours playing with the settings on the SX50 and getting some quite good results.  Now heres the kicker, i have emigrated to Brazil and electronics are mega expensive, so a telescopic lens for the T3 would set me back more or less the same price if not more than the camera + standard lens kit that is available.

I know the DSLR will have better imagine quality, but the super zoom has more or less everything else at the price point.

Well thanks in advance for any responses.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users