1 reply to this topic

#1 jamsa

jamsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

I have just got an R1800 and would love comments about any Paper and compatable inks( Pigment based).
I can't afford the luxury of Epsons own catridges and am trying to find out whats the best option for Ink and papers. I also have an R300 and it has worked very well with dye based compatables so far.
thanks for any tips..
I am in the UK by the way.

#2 Paul_77

Paul_77

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Computers, Photography, Motorcycles.

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:47 AM

I bought an Epson Photo R230 a couple of months ago and had it converted to use a MIPO bulk ink system.

I was a little disappointed at first as the yellow orange tones seemed a little weak and the greens a bit bright.
After a few days fine tuning the driver settings I am fairly pleased with the results. I have bumped the magenta and yellow sliders up to +7 and this gives a fairly acurate coluor match to what I see on my screen.
I used the Noise Ninja colour chart to compare my prints to the screen colours after setting my screen with adobe gamma.

I have no access to fancy equipment to do an acurate screen adjustment but that works well enough for me.
Also I have never printed using the genuine Epson ink in this printer so I have no comparison.

I have also only used MIPO paper untill now and am wanting to try some others also to compare results.

Has anyone else used MIPO inks?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users