1 reply to this topic

#1 Rabky

Rabky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 12:56 PM

Hello All

My name is Rick and I go by Rabky and live in frankfort, Kentucky. I make and sell handcrafted wire jewelry and have a website for that purpose. I'm on a limited budget so I got a good deal on the D-560 and am trying to take some photos of my jewelry to publish on my website. I'm trying to find out if anyone may have any suggestions for me on getting good pictures. Are there any macro lenses available for this camera at a reasonable price? Also, does anyone have any suggestions as far as lighting tips and tricks to accomplish this without breaking the bank. I've seen the Cloud Dome but, unfortunately that is out of my price range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance for any help you may give me.

Sincerely, Rabky

WWW.delmasringsandthings.com
Author of "Tumbling Made Easy" an ebook for beginning wire artists

#2 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:15 PM

Hello,

if you want to take macro shots, I don't think the D-560 is the one to buy:

see a comment from
http://www.imaging-r...S/D560/D56A.HTM

Closeups: The D-560 Zoom captured a fairly large macro area, measuring 7.71 x 5.78 inches (196 x 147 millimeters). Resolution is moderately high, with good detail in the dollar bill, coins, and brooch. Corner softness is present, but barely noticeable. The D-560 Zoom's flash almost throttles down too much for the macro area, with strong falloff in the corners of the frame. (Overall, the D-560 wouldn't be your first choice if you had a lot of macro shooting to do.)

Look for digital camera with a super-macro mode (subject at 2cm of the front lens) and an external flash connection (internal flash won't work in super-macro).

I have an Olympus C-4000 with both option: no need for add-on lenses and my external flash can freeze any subject.

I can tell you I can make photo " la Cloud Dome": I just fix my external flash, add some reflectors (a simple sheet of paper), make some test photo.

Regards,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users