1 reply to this topic

#1 snedger

snedger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

Hello
Went into the only UK photographic only chain store at the weekend and asked specifically for a "Fuji 1 Gb XD memory card".
The "helpful" shop assistant retrieved an Olympus 1 Gb from the shelf behind the counter.
So I pointed out that I specifically asked for Fuji.
The lovely man then tried to tell me that the Olympus 1Gb card could hold more than the Fuji 1Gb card.
"How can it?", I asked, "they both have 1 billion bytes of storage", the answer was "because it is a high capacity card".
I then insisted that he sell the Fuji. He tried to keep arguing and in the end told me that the Olympus would hold 300 more photos (and this is for a 6 megapixal Fuji F11).
The Fuji was 3 cheaper as well!
I feel sorry for any uninformed person who would believe such nonsense.
But, if Olympus do make pint glasses, then I'm going to leave one behind the bar at my local pub.
Cheers
snedger

#2 Reclusive

Reclusive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Well how about Photography, like I suppose it had to be.<br />Cooking, well as I travel around the world I suppose I have to eat.<br />Travel, although I am not keen on the flying bit. No I am not scared of flying, it is all the waiting and security thing that screws it up.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

I have found that the Olympus XD cards do not perform as well as the Fuji's, I have had all sorts of problems trying to get the card read from a card reader.

As for the Sales bod, I suppose we can assume that he worked for Jessops. I have found their staff to be the most uninformed sales staff going. Most of the time they are just Saturday staff who have little or no training.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users