Finetronics.net

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rico mandel_*

Guest_rico mandel_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:15 AM

I am looking into buying a Nikon D70 from finetronics.net. They have the best package that I have seen so far and the best price by far. I am looking for any information about the company are they legitamite, do they ship orders etc... If anyone has any experience or can guide me where to get background info please let me know.

#2 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

The fisrt thing to search is forum discussion where people gives comment about buying at this site.

example: recommendation page at photo.net:
http://www.photo.net...ubcategory?id=2

If you can't find enough info, contact them to see if they answer your questions and can give you their rating as a good web shop.

If you can't find enough info, don't buy there. wink.gif

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:05 PM

I'm hoping to find information as well. I ordered (and paid) for a camera 5 days ago. Since then, their web site has had technical difficulties. The new email address that they sent is also not working. I may be out $1000.00. TPM

#4 Guest_Enrique Mavez_*

Guest_Enrique Mavez_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:46 PM

I'm fearing the same prospect of being taken for a $1000 ride (purchased a Nikon D70 camera package). The last e-mail I received from Finetronics was on Monday(6/7/04) stating my order had shipped. According to their shipping policy, delivery time is 3-7 days, so the earliest I would receive the camera would be today(6/10/04). When visiting their site on Monday and Tuesday, I tried to check on the order through their "Order Status" function, and all it said was "pending". I started getting suspicious yesterday when I tried to log onto their website and it was no longer active. Late yesterday afternoon, I was able to log onto their website, but instead of using finetronics.net, I typed finetronics.com. When I attempted the order status function, it said "no record of order". I then sent an e-mail asking for a tracking number and tagged it with receipt verification. I had an e-mail waiting for me this a.m. from my web administrator stating delivery of the e-mail was delayed. Also, as of today neither .com or .net work to bring up the finetronics website. If I do not receive the camera or any correspondance from Finetronics by next Wed. (6/17/04), I will be filing complaints with my State's Attorney General office, Federal Trade Commision and the Internet Fraud Complaint Center. One way or another, I will get what I paid for, my money refunded, or more... E.M.

#5 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:41 AM

About buying a Nikon D70 today, I should say: be ready to wait at least one month.

A friend of mine has bought one in Belgium and he is still waiting after 3 weeks. The shop does not give anymore info about how many weeks he is going to wait. He is quite disturbed.

I hope this is the same story for all of you.

#6 Guest_a scott_*

Guest_a scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:06 PM

according to whois....fine-tronics.com....is registered in Philly, PA.....go check it out.....go any domain registrar in put the fine-tronics it comes up unavailable....then check the whois......finetronics...was registed out of Ill and finetronics.net was registered out of ballston spa, ny.....something strange here !!!!! ph34r.gif

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:09 PM

Yes, it IS A SCAM. I was just checking it out for someone else. I live in Finland and can verify that the address they give does not exist. The street is an actual one in Helsinki, but there is a northern and southern Hesperiankatu. They have made a crafty combination of taking a street number from northern hesperiankatu (7) and plunking it into southern hesperiankatu. However, Northern is all odds, while southern is all evens... Southern hesperiankatu 7 cannot exist and does not show in the Finnish yellow pages (neither does the name finetronics or any derivatives/versions). Do NOT send them Money!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users