Disk Space

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_msca_*

Guest_msca_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:02 PM

Is it possible to change the attributes of a CDR so you can delete files or folders to increase space?

Also would like to format a CDR with computer.

These questions are due to the fact that I've filled disk and can't access it from my camera.

Sony CDMavica 250.

#2 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

There is no way to delete files or even format a CD-R. It is just designed to be written once (but in different times) and read as many time as you like.

If you have a CD-RW (for Read and Write), you can make place but only with a full format of the media (I am using Nero for that sort of thing, I suppose there is a format in XP for CD-RW ?) . There is no partial delete and, if there is, it is only a directory table delete, the files are still on the media.

What do you mean by "can't access it from my camera" ? If you can't read anymore, it is rather strange... blink.gif

There are tools to recover files on CD media.

To keep on writting photos on you Mavica, buy some more CD-R.

Regards,

#3 mikehulsebus

mikehulsebus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:58 AM

Yeah and I wouldn't reccomend using a CD-RW for archiving photos just because I've had experiences in which the CD-RW suddenly decided to become unreadable and all data was lost. Fortunately, all my data was replaceable, but you'd hate for it to happen with a set of photos

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users