Optio 555 Sucessor?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_hesitating_*

Guest_hesitating_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:33 PM

I'm considering purchasing an Optio 555, but it seems to me that the model has been around for quite a while - has anyone heard rumors (or have a feeling from following the company) of when Pentax might refresh this? I'd hate to end up like folks who bought the 550 just before the 555 hit.

#2 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:58 AM

Hello,

the test of the optio 555 at
http://www.steves-di...s/optio555.html
is dated 23/10/2003

That's not so long ago...

There are some advantages to buy such an "old" camera:

You can get a lot of info on the quality of the camera form reviewers and owners of that model. So you can measure the on-the-field quality of the camera. Now you can point out some defaults that can be annoying for your usage (e.g. a slow autofocus). If it is too bad, don't buy and look elsewhere wink.gif

If it is acceptable for you, you wil see that the price of the model is going down, month after month. When a new model will come, there are good deals to make rolleyes.gif

So, IMHO, there is no need to wait for a new model if the quality is already there.

There is one exception to the rule: If a new model with the same characteristics comes-up with a very good price (the digital rebel story) You better wait some month to see what happens blink.gif .

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users