• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mahombi

Mahombi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

As a recently deflowered digital virgin, who is barely on nodding terms with Photoshop, I have a problem which I am sure you digital boffins out there, will certainly be able to solve.

I have a number of colour transparencies (35mm to 6x12cm), colour and b/w prints of different sizes. All of which I wish to load onto a CD, to give to someone. Each image needs to display individually and at a reasonable size on screen without the recipient having to play around scrolling up and down. The on screen quality has to be excellent, whilst not being good enough to copy for (surreptitious) printing.

In order to achieve this and bearing in mind, that some of the scanned images will, at a later date, be edited for other purposes, can you folks help me out? I'm assuming that they should be scanned at 300dpi and saved as TIFF files. But:

1. Am I right?
2. Does each image need to be re-sized to get them to display at similar sizes on screen?
3. Should they be sharpened? If so, should this be done during scanning, or when transferring to CD?
4. Should the resolution be reduced to 72dpi for the CD burn?
5. What else do I need to know for this?

A step by step method will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Oh yes, Iím scanning with a brand new Epson V750 Pro. Used it for the first time yesterday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users