Buying Advice

1 reply to this topic

#1 dpgrant

dpgrant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:06 PM

I'm looking for buying advice for a digital camera. I have owned a Fuji FinePix 1400 (1.3 megapixel) for 3.5 years, and have been very satisfied. However, as is the case with many expensive electronic devices, the electronics work fine but the little cheap pieces of plastic that hold the batteries in have all broken off, making the camera almost unusable, even with a lot of duct-tape.

I'm looking for a digicam at or under $200. Megapixels aren't a big issue, I was very satisfied with the 4x6 (10x15cm) prints with my 1.3 Mega Pixel Fuji. The main thing I'm looking for is shudder speed. The Fuji was quick enough to catch my two small children. Most other cameras (that friend's own) are much slower (it amazes me that over the years cameras seem to improve in every area but speed).

I'm a point and shoot guy. I don't need all of the manual settings. I tell myself "that sounds neat" but I probably won't use any of them (I never did with my Fuji).

#2 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:16 PM

Hello,

reading your message I see that you are looking for a cheap fast point and shoot camera. I don't know of a site where they sort the camera by speed blink.gif

There is a link to a british (price in pound ohmy.gif ) site with buying advise for good quality camera in all price ranges from 2 Megapixel to 5 Megapixel.

http://www.betterdig...ent/buyers.html

You can remove all models where they say: long shutter lag, slow focusing, slow operation, ...

Hope it helps rolleyes.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users