• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ljcybergal

ljcybergal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

Hope someone can help. I have just tried to update my Epson P2000 from v2.02 without success. Last year sometime I updated to v2.02, at least the Settings screen said so (although I've only just realised that strangely, the folders in the Saved Data folder were not displayed separately according to date, they were still grouped together).

Today I downloaded the v2.04 file from the US site and attempted to upgrade first to v2.04, before upgrading again to the latest version 2.51 (this is what the pdf file recommended). I followed all of the instructions and everything worked fine, except on powering on and going into Firmware Update mode, the screen said "updating to v2.02". On completing the update and restarting the unit, the Settings screen still showed v2.02, not v2.04 (although I now have the separate subfolders in the Saved Data folder).

I then went to the European Epson site and downloaded the exe file for the 2.51 update, since they make no mention there of having to update first to v2.04. I tried updating again and the same thing has happened, I seem to be stuck with v2.02. I've searched on Google and can't find anyone else with the same problem.

Any ideas anyone? I just bought a 2gb SD card and wanted to start using it in the P2000, and I understand that in order to do this I need to upgrade to firmware v2.51. HELP!

Thanks, Lisa.

#2 TheForec254

TheForec254

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

Lisa,

Did you manage to solve the problem? I to am trying to upgrade my P2000 from V2.41 to V2.51 but without any success (Epson were not very helpful), if you have managed could you shed some light on the problems you had....... unsure.gif

#3 kathanne

kathanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

I haven't been able to use my P2000 since I changed from a camera with CF card to Panasonic Lumix with SD card a year ago. Discovered this website during search for a solution and have been trying to upgrade for 2 days! Just now have cracked it tongue.gif . Two things: didn't realise you needed to unzip the downloaded file and only add PSVFIRM1 folder to card. I was using an SD2gb card and suddenly realised that P2000 had not been accepting that with photos so not likely to do it with info. Changed to CF card and SUCCESS rolleyes.gif

KATHANNE

#4 TheForec254

TheForec254

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (kathanne @ Jul 19 2008, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't been able to use my P2000 since I changed from a camera with CF card to Panasonic Lumix with SD card a year ago. Discovered this website during search for a solution and have been trying to upgrade for 2 days! Just now have cracked it tongue.gif . Two things: didn't realise you needed to unzip the downloaded file and only add PSVFIRM1 folder to card. I was using an SD2gb card and suddenly realised that P2000 had not been accepting that with photos so not likely to do it with info. Changed to CF card and SUCCESS rolleyes.gif

KATHANNE

Can I ask What size CF card you used, i have tried it with a Kingston 1GB, and istill have had no success

#5 kathanne

kathanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

[
It's a Jessops 512MB cf card

Kathanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users