Leica M2

7 replies to this topic

#1 help20

help20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:10 AM

i just received my uncles leica m2 and i am interested in getting involved with it, but have a couple of newbie questions. the camera is a leica m2 from 1961 and does it take all types of film today??? does it need batteries, and if not how does it work???

thank you

#2 FiZZ

FiZZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (help20 @ Sep 28 2006, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just received my uncles leica m2 and i am interested in getting involved with it, but have a couple of newbie questions. the camera is a leica m2 from 1961 and does it take all types of film today??? does it need batteries, and if not how does it work???

thank you

YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUN!!!

I want one...

The Leica M2 is one of those mechanically perfect cameras. It accepts all 35mm film today. Thats most of the film that us creative types like to use.

The M2 does not need a battery. It works by cocking the film advance lever. That cocks the shutter ready for action. Choose the aperture and shutter speed, and fire away.

Guaranteed even when your digital cameras break down.

#3 kenneth

kenneth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:38 PM

If you decide not to keep it let me know I am looking for one- But between you and me- I should keep it. You might want a lightmeter for it and I would suggest a Weston Master V with an invercone. Plenty around second hand but make sure in has an invercone otherwise you will be unable to take incident light readings

#4 metropetro

metropetro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:01 AM

The Leica M2 is one of those mechanically perfect cameras. It accepts all 35mm film today. Thats most of the film that us creative kinds want to use. In the new model of it there's lots of new features.

#5 Clifton

Clifton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

I live in Italy and I could find no place that could repair my Leicameter MC.
I know of course that there are the red and black dot settings, but in both situation the exposimeter can't read 11EV. The Leicameter MC has been tested by a professional technician that used proper equipment to test the exposimeter, and he told me that the exposimeter stops to read correctly if a value of 11EV is used.

#6 princemkhan

princemkhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Through all these above posts i think that Leica M2 is a good camera and I really wish to try this with my photography.

#7 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

I previously owned an M3, but decided on an M2 this time around because it has 35-50-90 frame lines and I've taken a liking to the 35mm FOV as of late.

#8 Aalia Nebhan

Aalia Nebhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

The Leica M3 was a drastically modern design being bigger and bulkier than its front sprinter. With a new bayonet lens install taking over from the 39mm Leica screw thread, the range finder and viewfinder was now mixed. Two swings of the recently developed level breeze instead of switching a button intended the movie and shutter functions took place in one function. The M3 presented a top installed selenium-cell visibility gauge which was to be ongoing in principle for 50 years.

frames online

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users