1 reply to this topic

#1 collinf

collinf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:28 AM

I know that you've finished your course now, and it's not the same as the one that I am doing (6923), but I was wondering:

Any tips you can offer with regards to the workbook? For the 6923 we have to cover the basics of photography and most people that I know doing the course are completely stuck.

We have to cover the simple stuff like Aperture, shutter speed, DoF, motion blur, panning etc.

Which courses have you done?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
If writers write, how come fingers don't fing?

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:38 AM

I did the Introduction to Black and White Photography, Starting Photography and Exploring Colour Photography courses.

Have you been given the marking sheet yet, with the breakdown of headings for each module?

If so, the easiest way to do the workbooks is follow the structure of the marking sheet and use the same headings. That way you know what you've completed and it's also easy for your tutor to mark (and the external examiner).

You should also start this NOW!!! I can't stress this enough - don't leave it all the last minute (like me) as you will go temporarily insane for a few weeks. It's best to do, say, a section each week, so that you fell like you're making progress.

Have you got Michael Langford's "Basic Photography" book? If not, BUY IT NOW! This will explain 90% of the course content. The supplement it with diagrams from other photography books - the John Hedgecoe books are pretty good. I just too out the entire photography section from my local library (about 5 books!).

You don't actually need to provide your own examples for all the basics that you mention. You just have to show that you understand them and can explain them.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users