collinf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:36 PM

Sweet

You won't be sorry! Look at Mifsuds and Ffordes for second hand smile.gif
If writers write, how come fingers don't fing?

#17 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:40 PM

Mifsuds have sold the one that they had for 399. Now they have this:

ETRSi + 75 F2.8 PE + 120 Back - 449

but a new one only costs 549!!

New Bronica ETRSi Comp (Inc 75mm F2.8 PE, Body, W.L.F. & 120 Ei Back) 549

http://www.mifsuds.c...riceindexaf.htm

I'm going to wait and see what eBay throws up. Here's one I've got my eye on:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...egory=3350&rd=1
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#18 roger taylor

roger taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:34 PM

[FONT=Times]

#19 TCrowe

TCrowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

Either way you're looking at 6x4.5 unless you go with the Bronica GS-1. Personally, I have had a Mamiya m645 for ten years and I find it very easy to use. It takes great photos and a light meter is a light meter, whether TLR or hand held. It's the photographer that has to make the exposure decisions. For my pursuits, I have now switched to the Mamiya RB67 Pro SD. I looked at the Bronica but one glaring fact stuck out. They're no longer made by Tamron and the longevity of parts (repairs) may be limited. Therefore, I purchased the Mamiya. Mamiya lenses are extremely good, don't know about Bronicas, but, assume they are nearly equal. The main reason I went to the 67 was for a larger neg. 6x4.5 is close to the 35mm format, albeit, larger and therefore better for 11x14 > prints. The 67 is better yet.

My old Mamiya m645 is a workhorse. Great lenses and focusing is not a problem. If available, though, I would suggest a Beattie Intenscreen. For dimly lit interior shots it is much easier and, for my 57 year old eyes, better for ANY shots.

Good Luck...... TCrowe

#20 jmc

jmc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:12 AM

Hi,
I know you are in London. However if you try MXV in Ukfield they have a great selection of medium format used cameras. They give a good service and really know their stuff. They have a web site which lists most of what they have available.
Regards
JMC

#21 NigT

NigT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Nov 4 2003, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I'm "researching" e.g. looking to buy a cheap medium format system. I'm guessing that this should consist of: camera / lens / film back / grip / WLF.

So far I've narrowed down my choice to the Bronica ETRS/ETRSi or the Mamiya 645. Any info on these two makes and the various models would be appreciated.

Hi

I'm new to the site

I have recently obtained a ETRSI which I bought CAREFULLY through Ebay in bits.
The whole kit comprising a body 120 back with waste level finder and 70mm lens was augmented by a VERY necessary metered prism finder. ( necessary as otherwise it is extreemly difficult to tale portrait format pics)
and a first class winder.

The whole lot cost me less than 300 and I am really pleased with it all.

As others have said here, lots of kit are being disposed of in pref' for digital so there's some good prices out there.

I too looked at the Mamiya but decided there was more stuff out there for the ETRSI so I suppose that means that the pro's prefered that camera.

I would like to get a 150mm lens next so I'm on the hunt.

I still use my old Weston meter with its invercone for some work with the Broni' even tho' the metered prism works well.

Good luck with your choice.

#22 Photography by Nelson

Photography by Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Location:Cayuga lake in Finger Lakes Region of New York State, USA
  • Interests:Photography and fishing. I love film and shot with Nikons and my field camera which is a Pentax 6x7. Favorite lenses are my Nikons 24-120, 24-50, 50mm 1.4, I also have 90-300mm and a 1.4 matched multiplier. The Pentax 6x7 is a fantastic medium format with 50mm, 150mm and a 105mm. Lots of filters, 2 Bogan tripods. I use a Minolta IVF light meter for the Pentax.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Nov 4 2003, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I'm "researching" e.g. looking to buy a cheap medium format system. I'm guessing that this should consist of: camera / lens / film back / grip / WLF.

So far I've narrowed down my choice to the Bronica ETRS/ETRSi or the Mamiya 645. Any info on these two makes and the various models would be appreciated.

I shot medium format and love it. Great choice in formats.

Go to www.keh.com a company out of Atlanta Ga USA

Great to do business with and have all kinds of medium format camers used but warranted.

My personal favorite is a Pentax 6x7 but started with a Yashica 124G and still have it.

Good luck

#23 metropetro

metropetro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:24 AM

If you want new, as well as can live with the slow flash sync of the Mamiyas then the Mamiya 645E isnt a bad deal at the prices it is at - even if it doesnt have interchangeable backs or prisms.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users