Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:29 PM

Looks GOOD!

#17 tidalstock

tidalstock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:35 AM

Looks good...I would miss the random photos as well, lots of photos come show that I haven't seen before.
Thanks for keeping this site going....

Ryan

#18 JLucas

JLucas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:47 AM

They are good things and bad things about the new web design.

I think the blue is a bit overpowering, and I think the photos looked better with a white backdrop. Also when you view someone’s one photo the photo details are a bit messy, that could have been designed slightly better.
But I do think the site runs faster and I like that your avatars appear when you post a comment.

#19 desertpea

desertpea

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:38 PM

It's a LOT faster and generally is much better, but the blue is overwhelming, and I miss not being able to link directly to the gallery of someone who's made a comment. Would it be possible to have 'YES' as the default for being notified by e-mail when uploading. I'd miss the random images - like Stewart has said, you can find some beauties there that will otherwise be missed. I noticed just now that the two most recent posts didn't appear on the front page. Having said all that, the speed is much appreciated by us poor souls who still use dial-up! dry.gif

Ah! I see them now - maybe this new version isn't as immediate as the previous one? ... maybe I'll go back to bed ... huh.gif

#20 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! smile.gif

We're compiling a list and working through them all, so keep your suggestions coming.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#21 jena

jena

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

very nice!!! Still getting to know it, but it looks smashing!! I want you to update your photo though Mark, so we have an update on what you look like!!!!

#22 gazmaster

gazmaster

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:10 PM

I do agree with Stewart, without the random images, many will go missing. The speed of how images go through the system really doesn't give people enough time to view them.

As for the Gallery, yep, like the colour scheme, looks more professional, the negatives, no link to a members gallery, that is sacrilege imo, the rating system with poor and excellent the same, exif data to me is an essential, ok you can turn it on, but, I'm a lazy bast', other than that, as usual it is a brilliant site.

Regards

G@zz@ ph34r.gif aka Gary
Regards

G@zz@

#23 Brian Clapper

Brian Clapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (stewart bywater @ Dec 7 2006, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would definitely miss the random images. I have discovered many beautiful images through this part of the site, and it also gives my photos a 'second chance' on the front page from time to time.

I agree with Stewart. I like the random images section. Because of it, I've stumbled across quite a few images I would otherwise have missed. However, hiding it behind a button would be fine with me.

Also, I'm late to the game with overall feedback, but hopefully not too late.

Cons:
  • Why is the comment text in boldface? From a typography standpoint, that's overkill. I find it somewhat visually jarring.
  • The blue theme does seem to compromise monochrome photos.
  • Add the numbers back to the rating panel, please. smile.gif
  • I'd also like to see the gallery links return.

Pros:
  • The comments on a photo are no longer paginated. This is good.
  • The addition of avatars/icons on individual users' comments is a nice touch.
  • Displaying the users' geographic locations (if supplied) is also nice. It adds to the sense of community.

Overall, the improvements are good. My complaints, such as they are, are minor.

-Brian

#24 aderixon

aderixon

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Check my photoblog for more images and links to other galleries.<br /><br />Most of my current work is project or theme-based, and therefore is intended to be viewed in an overall context rather than as individual images.<br /><br />NB. As a deliberate decision, I never leave numerical ratings on images.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:22 PM

I haven't been near my gallery for a while - life getting in the way - so was surprised and impressed when I came to upload a shot tonight. Multiple file uploads, at last, YAY!!! That alone makes it a big win - many thanks for all your efforts on this, Mark. This site continues to be a bargain for subscribers.

I'd like the random images retained, and I agree that we must have links to members galleries on their comments - essential to foster some reciprocation. The ability to publish an RSS feed for your gallery (and subscribe to others) would be the icing on the cake, but I guess we're limited by what the PhotoPost software supports.

Otherwise, love it.

#25 richard crowe

richard crowe

• Advanced Members 200
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

Just back from a week in Havant staying with my sister. Havent been on the site since I was away and I hardly recognised the place when I got back! Thought I'd logged on to the wrong site! smile.gif Havent really had the oportunity to take it all in, but on the whole it looks pretty good to me so far. Richard
Richard Crowe

Visit My Website

#26 Camil

Camil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:14 AM

Hey everyone!
Firstly, I'd like to say that I love this site, and I access it every single day, looking to all the new posts and alto to the older ones.
There is only one thing that I do not like at this site... and I have to say it, even if it won't change anything; but maybe there are some others who share my opinion: I DON'T like that sometimens, some of the winning photos are stolen from other photographers, or printscreened from some movie scene... and I think that you should be more careful when you pick them.
Thank you!

C.

#27 stewart bywater

stewart bywater

• Advanced Members 200
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:02 PM

Can you give any examples of this? I have never suspected any of the winning photographers [since I joined] of stealing photos. I would like to know which ones you mean. unsure.gif

#28 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:56 PM

Yes, please post the URL of the photo(s) and also a URL for the original image.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#29 JLucas

JLucas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

Just another thing i would like to bring out, i dont like how when you go into a category (i.e Black and White or General) you have recent photos at the top of the screen and then the same photos when you scroll down.
But i am growing to the blue.

#30 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:49 AM

I miss the direct link to the POTW: http://www.photograp...dex.php?cat=507

I have now to clic on the year then on the last week in the year... mad.gif

The shots are sorted by Title (not quite usefull dry.gif ). I don't see the most active sorting anymore ? Is it by comments now ? How can I save my default sorting preferences ? wink.gif

Thanks in advance (and keep up the good work (and biggrin.gif Merry Christmas !!! biggrin.gif ))

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users