Photo

Camera Information

4 replies to this topic

#1 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:25 AM

The Camera data is not on the new page and I cannot find it if it is missing.
To me this is vital information to a) judge the technical difficulty of the shot and cool.gif learn what stttings others are using to produce the images they display.
Am I the only person who studies it?
The cool face is meant to be point b in my note but it is obviously also a code....
john
We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:25 AM

In the Additional Info section under each photo, there is a Show EXIF Info link (if the photo that was uploaded had EXIF info associated with it). You just need to click this link to display it. biggrin.gif
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 Jerry

Jerry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:18 AM

I agree with John. The EXIF info important if we are going to learn anything about good shots. It should be displayed automatically and most importantly if this info is not available then these pics should not qualify for entry into any of the competitions. Jerry.

#4 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Dec 7 2006, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the Additional Info section under each photo, there is a Show EXIF Info link (if the photo that was uploaded had EXIF info associated with it). You just need to click this link to display it. biggrin.gif

Thanks Mark- I was clicking on the "photo information" bar and of course nothing happened.
Every photo I look at I always look at the Exif data. This is one of the most important ways you learn and it is now an extra click.
To me it is a huge backward step but my name is chappo the contrarian.

john
We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#5 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:3rd Rock from the Sun in a small town called New York.
  • Interests:Photography,baseball , Ham radio.

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (chappo1 @ Dec 8 2006, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Dec 7 2006, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Mark- I was clicking on the "photo information" bar and of course nothing happened.
Every photo I look at I always look at the Exif data. This is one of the most important ways you learn and it is now an extra click.
To me it is a huge backward step but my name is chappo the contrarian.

john

Mark the EXIF info is useful but it does not tell you what lens was used. There used to be addional info when posting a photo, Camera,lens. I think the make and the model of the lens used is very important for members looking to buy equipment. biggrin.gif
"Leave the gun. Take the canolies." ...Frank

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users