Continuous Ink Systems For Epson 2200

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kit

Kit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

I'm going broke buying Epson inks. Looking for a Continuous Ink System that will work well with the Epson 2200. I've researched the Niagara IV and am wondering if anyone out there has used this system. Pros and Cons. Also intereseted in anyone who has used Lyson Cave Paint inks with Continuous Ink Systems.
Thanks

#2 jamsa

jamsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

The Epson Inks are expensive and also boast longevity. I have just enquired with a media inks company reagrding their inks and for once got a straightfoward and honest reply..it read...

"..Epson Pigment inks may last for 100 years under ideal circumstances but in standard conditions it is probabl closer to 40-50 years. In that conditions, according to a recent test done by an independent group, the life span of our carts for the R800/R1800 cartridges is around 30-40 years.
We are looking at longer lasting inks for the high end photo printers like yours, but they cost around 0.50 more expensive per cartridge so we are to sure we can afford to do that because only a very small percentage of people will ever care about an extra 10-15 years of lifepsan to their pics..."

So basically I would stick to Lyson or Epson if you really need long lasting images..

QUOTE (Kit @ Dec 15 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going broke buying Epson inks. Looking for a Continuous Ink System that will work well with the Epson 2200. I've researched the Niagara IV and am wondering if anyone out there has used this system. Pros and Cons. Also intereseted in anyone who has used Lyson Cave Paint inks with Continuous Ink Systems.
Thanks

#3 xBrianx

xBrianx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Kit @ Dec 15 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks

You can find a nice CISS here, I use for an R360 and it works great!

http://www.macroente...p-r2200-e38.htm

#4 old dog

old dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:49 AM

Have you look up 'CISS' on YOUTUBE they have many systems on video for Epson printers
it looks like anyone with a Epson high end printer is looking for a CIS system to defer their ink cost

#5 RodgerP

RodgerP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Kit @ Dec 15 2006, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks

Have you tried the online ink price comparison service. You may find you can get the genuine inks a lot cheaper

#6 jammbri370

jammbri370

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

Yup, Epson with CISS is the best way to go in the 21st century in my opinion. The inconvenience & cost of oem cartridges means that too many people are starting to give up on them now...

#7 JohnBrown1321

JohnBrown1321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (jammbri370 @ Dec 3 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, Epson with CISS is the best way to go in the 21st century in my opinion. The inconvenience & cost of oem cartridges means that too many people are starting to give up on them now...

I totally agree with jammbri because in now times,most of the printer user use this cartridge brand and its really good in use also.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users