4 replies to this topic

#1 SDR

SDR

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:21 PM

Hi Mark
Some feedback on the recent changes to the site..
  • I notice that the default sorting is different from before.. I guess it used to be sorted by 'latest activity (upload or comment) desc, and I preferred that over the new sorting.
  • Also, I believe that previously, there was a link to a user's gallery from a comment they made, is there a way to get that back, or if I was imagining it to create it? Now there is only a link to the profile of the user, and even the profile doesn't have a link to their gallery.
  • Would it be possible to have some quick links to the current monthly and weekly competition entries? At the moment it takes several clicks (one more since the redesign I think :'2007'). Maybe next to thumbnail of the previous competition's winning picture?

Maybe other people can give their 2 cents worth as well.. do you have any feedback?

SDR

#2 Herve

Herve

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

I completely agree with SDR:

It must be possible to have a direct link to the current photo of the week competition with the sorting being most active (as before). Currently we have to jump to year 2007 then to Last week of the year then we see all photos sorted by Title (?).

Whoops: Total Cumulative Posts 1,000 ( 1 posts per day / 22.14% of total forum posts )

#3 Schors

Schors

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Wine, walking, travel, reading, food and erm photography...

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

Just a quick note to say I agree with all of the above - I have really struggled to find the POTW link a few times!

Also, there doesn't seem to be any way of either inputting or reading about the camera used and data etc for each photo. We used to be able to type them in manually (or at least I did as I used to be manual, perhpas it was automatic for digital) and they would show up underneath each image.

Thanks

Ange

#4 Bridget

Bridget

• Advanced Members 200
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,023 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing the piano,my job with the elderly,and of course photography.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Schors @ Jan 25 2007, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick note to say I agree with all of the above - I have really struggled to find the POTW link a few times!

Also, there doesn't seem to be any way of either inputting or reading about the camera used and data etc for each photo. We used to be able to type them in manually (or at least I did as I used to be manual, perhpas it was automatic for digital) and they would show up underneath each image.

Thanks

Ange

Have to agree with all of the above,sorry Mark
Bridget

#5 pacificphoto

pacificphoto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

My gallery seems to no longer rotate photos to the top that have a recent comment. Is this a result of the new format, or can somebody think of a way I might have accidentally reset something? I'm like that, you know. --Chris tongue.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users