Ink Help With The Epson R1800....

2 replies to this topic

#1 Olivai3310

Olivai3310

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

Hello all, I print canvas on my Epson R1800 but I have been using third party Inks to save $$$. I have saved money and the Ink works well but when 1 cartridge goes out I have to replace the whole lot of them. When I change any cartridge I have to run a head cleaning at least 3 times before the prints come out nice, If I were to only change the 1 Ink cartridge that was low and run 3 cleanings then by that time a few others maybe low and the process just starts over again. The only solution I could come up with was to replace the whole set at a time when 1 ink was low. I can usually print 20-24 borderless 11x14" prints with 1 set of cartridges (with the occasional scrap print here and there). I was wondering If maybe there was a cis system that might work better for me? or maybe another option? I did run genuine Epson Inks when i first purchased the printer but I did not like the way the Black printed It was not as rich as when I use to print with my Epson 1280. The third party Inks I use print really well for the most part I just don't like the fact that I have to replace the whole set for 1 finished cartridge. Thank you for any advice regarding this matter.

#2 xBrianx

xBrianx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

Who's inks were you using? The ink we sell in bulk is manufactured in the USA..

Also another thing.. Is that printer capable of printing on Canvas? Sometimes the mil size on canvas could be too thick and can damage print heads.

#3 jammbri370

jammbri370

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

Epson t50 to print on canvas. Your solution is continuous ink supply system. It's a new product designed for high quality color print & enables you to save money on cartridge replacement.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users