Fuji F440

1 reply to this topic

#1 Basically Dave

Basically Dave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 12:41 AM

I own a Canon G3 which has served me well. But it's big and clunky. I need something small.

Looking for opinions. I'm waiting for Fuji's F440 to be released in the USA. Targeting 9/4, as I understand it. I'm in the market for a TEENY dij cam with a larger than normal screen for my poor, aging eyesight. I played with the Sony DSC T1. The large 2.5" screen is wonderful. However, the camera has several drawbacks, one of them is fatal IMHO. The Sony essentially has no usable flash (fatal), and the memory and extra battery are quite expensive. With extra mem and a battery, I'm pushing $700 for a point-and-shoot...with no usable flash. Ugh.

I played also with the Casio. It's fatal flaw was that it had no A/V out for use on a TV. Ouch. Otherwise, nice little product.

The Fuji F440 is a 4.1 mp with 3.4x optical zoom, A/V out, usable flash, and a 2.0" screen. SD mem and an extra batt are relatively cheap. Haven't played with one yet, though. It's the size of a Post-It note. Nice for my purposes (traveling).

Anyone seen a Fuji F440 review anywhere? Can't find one. Opinions about this Fuji?

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:34 AM

Hi Dave,

I currently have the FinePix F420 in for review - it will hopefully be posted sometime this week, British weather permitting!
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users