Nikon D70 Focus Confirmation

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:21 PM

My new Nikon D70 is suposed to have an audible focus confirmation (beep), has anyone heard this tone? Mine does not produce anything. The sales clerk demoed a second camera, the same thing! Another unit produced a long, extremely high pitched tone that I could berely hear.
I'm wondering if this is a manufacturer's defect, so, if anyone has a D70 with a working "beep" please let me hear from you. What does it sound like?

#2 amanda1128

amanda1128

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:07 AM

It is possible to turn on and off the camera speaker and maybe that is the only problem. You can turn the speakers on or off under custom setting 01 in the CSM menu. A better explanation is on page 138 of your D70 manual. Hopefully that is all it is.
Also, If your are in continuous-servo autofocus (AF-C), I don't think it will beep because the camera will take the picture in that mode whether or not the camera is in focus.
I hope this helps. I'm also new to the D70 and am still learning new features everyday. tongue.gif

#3 Guest_jr_*

Guest_jr_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2004 - 05:01 AM

I bought a D70 and also did not hear a beep on focusing. Called Nikon went through checking it out and they recommended exchanging it. Took it to the store, gave them the story, so they brought out a new camera and I could not hear the beep on it, but the sales person could easily. If the camera was turned just right, I could barely hear it. I do have high frequency hearning loss and my assessment is the frequency of the Nikon beep is high enough that many people with some hearing deficit do not hear the beep. Posts on several boards usually have a question about the "non-beep"and I cannot help but think the issue is more hearing loss of the user rather than a non-functioning beep. Some kid with good hearing must have designed this part of the camera.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users