#1 fossy

fossy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:03 PM

hello to you one and all
new to photograpy so search for a forum to get some help
recently bought a minolta dynax 404si and bought an extra lens from ebay, got the lens today and long behold it doesnt fit (thanks to the seller)
my question is can i get an adaptor to make it fit or is it a case of re-sell it
the lens is an hanimex 80-200mm 55dia. no.897159
ive heard of thr m42 but dont think it will work
can put some pics on of the new camera if this will help
mad.gif

#2 Henry Posner

Henry Posner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (fossy @ Feb 23 2007, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello to you one and all
new to photograpy so search for a forum to get some help
recently bought a minolta dynax 404si and bought an extra lens from ebay, got the lens today and long behold it doesnt fit (thanks to the seller)
my question is can i get an adaptor to make it fit or is it a case of re-sell it
the lens is an hanimex 80-200mm 55dia. no.897159
ive heard of thr m42 but dont think it will work

The lens mount may have a one or two letter label which would help tell us which camera the lens was designed for. There are adapters letting you mount a (for example) Canon or Nikon type lens on your Minolta, but they're often kludgy and don't always let the lens communicate with the camera. If there's no lens-to-camera communication you may lose auto exposure and/or autofocus operation. You can buy a brand new Phoenix Zoom Telephoto 70-210mm f/4.5-5.6 Autofocus Lens for Sony Alpha & Minolta Maxxum Series lens for <100.00, so you should be able to replace the hanimex if you want. A used lens in about the same focal range should run you 60.00 or 70.00, tops.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users