More Feedback Please

1 reply to this topic

#1 desertpea

desertpea

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:24 AM

One of the reasons I chose this site is that (as a beginner) I want to get better at what I'm trying to do, and I find it frustrating that people have a look at my pics and don't make any comments. I really want to learn what I'm doing wrong/right, how I can improve etc. I realize that photography is subjective in many ways (the subject may not appeal), but the only way I and other users of this site are going to learn and improve their skills is if people make comments. I've noticed that it's easy to give a score for something that you like and ignore what you don't, but I think that if we take the time to look at a picture, it deserves to have feedback - not a score, necessarily (that's subjective too in many ways) - so that we can all get better at what we're trying to do.

I don't just want to get an above 7 score, I'd like low scores with feedback as to what's wrong and how to get better. I'm sure that's one of the main reasons why we're all here ... except for those on an ego trip.

Or am I asking too much? rolleyes.gif

#2 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:3rd Rock from the Sun in a small town called New York.
  • Interests:Photography,baseball , Ham radio.

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:01 PM

I know what you mean,I do not have the time to rate all the photo's.I try to get to as many as I can. If you give a low score then you should state the reason why you do not like it,and how to improve the photo.
"Leave the gun. Take the canolies." ...Frank

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users