Controversial Suggestion

No replies to this topic

#1 SDR

SDR

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

OK, I know that what i'm about to suggest is probably a bit controversial..
What would you think of adding some restrictions to contests, as in requiring a minimum number of comments?
Though maybe a bit annoying for most people, it could help in getting feedback on our pictures, and assuring some contribution to the site from new members who want to enter in a contest.

some examples:
* photozo - minimum number of comments required in the previous month, to assure the member is active contributor
* minimum number of comments required within the current month or within the current contest gallery
* ratio required: for every picture uploaded, you have to add ... comments (no big fan of this one!)
* i've even been to a site where image posters HAVE to add a description/comment of minimum 20 words, and people who comment HAVE to write at least x words..

If we were to introduce such a restriction, I'd recommend to keep it low so it isn't too annoying..
Personally I have liked this site because it didn't have these restrictions, but now I'm starting to wonder if it could be beneficial to all of us..
What do you think?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users