Reusing 35mm Lenses; Can I ?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Doxy

Doxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

The time has come to enter the Digital SLR world.
I have a competent selection of K mount 35mm lenses and I want to know if I can reuse them on a suitable Digital slr body? All the ad's / info sheets / ebay data lacks any relevant info, than again I may be missing something in my newbie status. huh.gif
Regards Doxy.

PS I've just joined and signed the 'public spaces' petition. That sort of Nanny state...............arrrrrrrgh.

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hi Doxy, welcome to the site.

Which specific DSLR are you considering?
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 Doxy

Doxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:43 PM

Mark. I don't know. I have the lenses (all manual focus) and it seems a shame to ignore / retire them. Doxy

#4 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

Hi Doxy. I believe that you can use manual focus K-mount lenses on a Pentax DSLR.

If you post which lenses you actually have, I'll be happy to find out some more specific info for you.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#5 kenp

kenp

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts
  • Interests:My intrests are my camera,,fishing ,and extracting Jack Russel hairs from my sensor!,,,,

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Mar 2 2007, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Doxy. I believe that you can use manual focus K-mount lenses on a Pentax DSLR.

If you post which lenses you actually have, I'll be happy to find out some more specific info for you.

Hello !...I am using all my old "K" mount lenses on my Pentax istds!......they work a treat mostly manual focus as they are ancient!..lol...hope this helps!.............Ken
If I see something I "SHOOT!"

#6 Doxy

Doxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (kenp @ Mar 4 2007, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (markgoldstein @ Mar 2 2007, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello !...I am using all my old "K" mount lenses on my Pentax istds!......they work a treat mostly manual focus as they are ancient!..lol...hope this helps!.............Ken

Kenp. Thanks for the info. mark I think Pentax is my way forward. I shall now be lurking on ebay. Hopefully back up to speed soon Thank you all. Regards Doxy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users