Photo

Phpto Scam

3 replies to this topic

#1 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:3rd Rock from the Sun in a small town called New York.
  • Interests:Photography,baseball , Ham radio.

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:33 PM

I got this from the DP review sad.gif
A group in Africa who are e-mailing members of photography sites offering to use their photographs in posters. They pay well etc etc. Please send them your pictures and a waiver authorizing their use. Expected profits US$1000 per quarter.

When the victim replies they ask for bank account details to send the first payment to. Guess what!!! The first "Payment" is a withdrawl!!! BEWARE TO ALL..........Frank sad.gif
"Leave the gun. Take the canolies." ...Frank

#2 Rangy Lil

Rangy Lil

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Interests:I have become a home-body.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 02:28 AM

Thanks Frank. Are you selling photos?
Be Cool, don't freeze...

#3 tootsie

tootsie

• Advanced Members 300
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Thought it was time I edited my profile.I have come a long way since I first joined this blog with my little 4mg supermarket special.Today I am working with numerous environmental groups around the world.A lot of my work is made into posters proceeds of which goes to protection of species.I do work for Marshell Cavendish publications of text books for the north american and south east asian markets.At the moment I am working on my third article(macro Insects) for digital photography magazine in Russia and the Ukraine.The previous ones were on wildlife and bird photography.I view my camera as a tool and I hope that it can help in some way with conservation and preservation of the natural species.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:05 AM

They dont just do it with photographs Frank.I get these emails from Africa all the time.The fortunes they want transferred from their country to a bank account in Australia the USA or whatever.If you let them transfer their money to your account you will receive thousands of dollars in return.You would have to be pretty naive to fall for it.Hope you did not jump on the bandwagon wink.gif

#4 fdinaro

fdinaro

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Location:3rd Rock from the Sun in a small town called New York.
  • Interests:Photography,baseball , Ham radio.

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:43 AM

how do you think I bought all my glass for the 300d.... biggrin.gif
just kidding no I am not selling anything,unless you want to buy !...lol
I found this link on the DP review forum cool.gif
"Leave the gun. Take the canolies." ...Frank

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users