• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 blakestephen

blakestephen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

Perspex art is one of the latest ideas to come out of the art industry. Something that has been around for some time now seems to be taking over from the conventional "canvas" market.

Perspex art is suprisingly affordable and wholesale prices are available for photographers wishing to sell their work on.

At Four Blank Walls we supply well over 200 professional photographers with their images printed onto perspex. We represent artists from Europe and the USA.

Photographs are printed first onto photographic paper and sealed to the reverse of the perspex. This is then sealed to reverse with a white backing for complete opacity.

The pieces are finished off with four stainless steel fittings in each corner.

Prices are set at a level that allows you to double or treble your profit without being more expensive than the competition.

Please visit www.fourblankwalls.co.uk and ask for our special wholesale price list for photographers.

#2 Theruttstar

Theruttstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:20 AM

I would also check out http://www.opix.co.uk their reputation for perspex art speaks for itself!

#3 allgoodinfo

allgoodinfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

Please see my review here My review.

It isn't a self written post like most on here rolleyes.gif . It has been compiled at a considerable cost to our company, those samples were not cheap!!.

Many thanks Sam.

#4 PaulDoddsSweetShop

PaulDoddsSweetShop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

I would agree with some parts of your review allgoodinfo, but as someone that recently brought from catchincolour I would not say that I was at all happy with the product I received.

Paul.

#5 S.Peters

S.Peters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

Try http://www.esjdesigns.co.uk for affordable acrylic (perspex) printing. The prices are certainly a lot cheaper than other places offer. I had a portrait printed on A2 and the quality is excellent. The white background was not printed but when hung against a white wall the print looks great.

#6 blakestephen

blakestephen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

I think the main thing to remember is that not all acrylic is perspex! Or that not all acrylic prints are equal.

Four Blank Walls have been printing this stuff for 8 years. They were the first company along with acrylicize to start this as an art enterprise. Look up "perspex art" on google and you will find them as no 1 in the natural listings.

There are three main types of perspex printing at the moment.

1) direct printing which requires a white wall behing the artwork.

This is a new kind of printing. This is being sold as a new way to view your art. The reality of it is that most printers are not able to print true white and as a result the companies have invented this "see through the image" thing as a good thing. In reality you just get to see a faded image and the wall.

Even those printers that can print directly to the acrylic and print white are not getting things right. You have two non permeable substrates with no bond except the drying of inks against plastic. If you paint acrylic paints onto a piece of plastic, how long do you think it will last?

2) The second method is close to the correct method but not totally great.

The image is printed on fine art paper such as epson photographic paper. This is then sealed to the reverse of the acrylic using a sheet of double sided glue. This is ok but the glue will turn yellowish in a few years. I know this as i used to print this way and have the prints to prove it.

3) The last way to do this and the only way we have found after 8 years is to reverse mount. This means that the image is printed by a solvent printer (outside inks) and printed onto clear vinyl. This is then put through a roll laminator and white backing or silver backing is added.

You then have a piece of quality acrylic and the prints and you heat seal them togethor making a permanant bond. We sell over 1000 of these each month and are the largest seller of acrylics that we know of. We only ever get them back when they are damaged in transit.

The other problem is that most suppliers of acrylics use extruded acrylic. This is not ideal for printing as it is created differently to cast acrylic. To get cast acrylic for good prices, you have to be buying tonnes of the stuff.

Most also don't use "perspex" brand. They use stuff that comes from China and is not as good.

Don't mean to slag off the competition here but i only know of two other companies apart from Four Blank Walls that are any good and in the season of good will i will give them here.

The first is of course Four Blank Walls
The second is thecanvaslounge
The third is acrylicize. They use a completely different method but it does look ok.

Most of the others are quite new and i doubt would have had the time or experience to state what works and what doesn't. Just my opinion.

#7 Steven S

Steven S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:05 AM

I have been seeing more and more of these in places. I prefer the prints that are face mounted to the acrylic in most cases.

#8 daniel1987

daniel1987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

I agree Steven, I prefer them too.

#9 john.chriss

john.chriss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Acrylic art is the sleek and stylish alternative to canvas.
This innovative product can transform a great image into a stunning piece of artwork. The translucent quality of the material creates a visual impact that would enhance any surrounding. The natural light entering your room interacts with the material creating depth and texture.

--------------------
John l PrintingBlue

#10 jasonbrien

jasonbrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

Photo on acrylic is a different way to have your favorite pictures on display, perfect for kitchens and bathrooms where steam could damage a photo in a normal frame.The acrylic frame will make your photo stand out and really create an impact, the acrylic will also keep the print looking bright and fresh for a number of years.

Wedding Videographer Manchester

#11 watson229

watson229

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

On the practical side our acrylic prints are very durable and resistant to moisture and water. So aside to making it an ideal product for your home, bars, gymnasiums and restaurants, you can also create your own piece of art.

Your image is printed onto a hybrid moisture resistant photo paper, then sealed onto a clear acrylic sheet, other finishes are available. Your acrylic art will be finished with polished edges, pre-drilled, and supplied with four contemporary metal or stainless steel wall fixings and fitting guide.

#12 Tyler Zachary

Tyler Zachary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Photography, travelling, music. My wife and friends

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

It might be not self-written text, but anyway, thanks for an idea about canvas prints. This opens some places where to search.
Would be really great if they could add some discount coupons seasonally. This is great way how to make photos interesting and more creative rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users