Uploading Onto The Internet

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Peter SLough_*

Guest_Peter SLough_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:35 PM

I am going travelling with my digital camera and want to have an online album to store the millions of photos i will be taking. Is there any albums which enable you to upload the photos straight from my camera (nikon coolpix 3100) by using the usb port alone. The problem is that i will be using lots of different computers and thus will not be able to add the programs onto them (in internet cafes). i do not mind having to pay for the privilige.
I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thank you very much

#2 wcbert

wcbert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:33 PM

Buy a portable storage device that you can upload you photos to or at many Internet Cafes you can burn CDs if they download your photos off your memory cards. There is a new portable storage device that you can upload you photos to and it burns CD. With this solution you can take that CD to internet cafe that can read it and upload you photos to your internet album.

I try this once because I carry a lightweight portable PC with a CD burner when I travel overseas. In Rome I burned three edited photos to upload to my website, found an Internet Cafe, well the computers were Macs and could not read my Window XP CD another place they could not read the CD, probably their CD player was damaged.

I gave up, was wasting to much time in a internet cafe instead of enjoying Rome. That why I am recommending a portable storage device. You do not want find yourself full of photos, cannot take anymore until you find a internet cafe to upload them. ohmy.gif

Bill

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users