Photo

Help!

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jessa

Jessa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, 4 wheeling, (Yes i am a woman, no im not lesbian)beaches, figure skating, spending lots and lots of time with my daughter.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:10 PM

Im new to this site but i figured maybe someone could help me with an answer here, because frankly the other site i was on noone likes to help other people (RUDE! mad.gif ). So ill ask ya'll here. A friend of mine wanted me to take up photography with her. I have an older model Cannon that my father had given me when i was 16 it used to be his. She thought i should invest in something digital for wedding photography and what not...but i really love my camera and im not sure i really want to trade it in. I was hoping to get some feed back from you guys..does it really matter if i use digital or film? If it does matter which is the better out come and where would i find a digital that is worth having?

#2 Oly_M

Oly_M

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:33 AM

I know what you mean about loving a film camera. But I will just add my two cents worth to your question to say, that you can learn photography a lot faster with a digital because you see your mistakes right away. You don`t have to wait for film to be developed. You can also just click away to your heart's content and not worry about running out of film (only space on your memory card tongue.gif ).

But whatever you are more comfortable with is the answer. If you want to improve more, I would recommend digital. If you are content with where you are with photography and with your film Canon, then that`s the thing to stick with.

As for suggestions on cameras... i would recommend checking dpreview.com

p.s. in digital photography you need a fairly good computer that will handle file sizes well, especially editing tasks.

Good luck !
smile.gif
"The poetry of photography will always be more important than the mechanics of the camera..." - J-H. Lartigue

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users