Printing In Streets And Malls?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Feras_*

Guest_Feras_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:13 PM

I've heard about a printer which is placed in public places, looks something like an ATM machine, and people can simply connect their mobiles or cameras to it through infra-red or a usb cable and can print the selected photos instantly with a few coins. Anyone has any idea about this printer? its brand? its type? anything?

#2 simes69

simes69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

Yes - one has appeared in our local Sainsburys. It's a Kiodak branded machine, looks just like an ATM. On the fronT there are slots for all memory card formats, and for CDs., and a bin for output pictures.
I have yet to use it, but I intend to try out it's image quality. I rarely commit my pictures to hardcopy (they're not good enough yet!) but when I do I want the printing to be of a high quality. I am interested to see whether this machince can do this, and whether it allows you to tweak settings.

#3 miaouphoto

miaouphoto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, chatting, blogging, & horseback riding.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

Most "do it yourself" photo stations that department stores have located in their "photo department", are basic and easy to use. They usually only recognize JPG format, you can do simple cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments, and sometimes even change images to black/white or sepia tone.

I have used several of them at different stores in the States like Wal-Mart, Meijer, K-Mart. It all depends on the machine's maintenance and age how well the prints look. K-mart and Meijer's prints all turned out great. My mom had my wedding photos printed on them*L* Wal-Mart's were very "green" in the skin tones, and not very crisp. So, it's a bit of a crap shoot.

I usually adjust all my images for print, burn them to cd in TIF format and take them to FutureShop for printing. They do a lovely job here and it's very inexpensive.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users