Photo

Is There Any Honest Coverage In The World?

5 replies to this topic

#1 OSfllwr

OSfllwr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:06 AM

I didn't realize Israel censors reports. Was sure Israel is democracy, blah, until stumbled at Jewrusalem: Israeli Uncensored News weblog www.jewrusalem.org/en . Did anyone heard if Israel actually cuts information or that's a name only? Editors there is very much cranky, beating democrats and neo-cons and everyone else. I mean, I never encountered such info on yahoo or other sources. Are they in fact cut or what?

#2 FiZZ

FiZZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:16 PM

Yes they do.

The Israeli media censors a lot of the news. The American media censors even more.

I'm not sure of this, but I heard there is a PR company who's main purpose is to improve the PR of Israel in American media.

If you want honest coverage, look towards Reuters, or even better, the AFP. I found AFP to have fantastic pictures of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict, as well as honest coverage.

#3 therightpic

therightpic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:07 PM

I don't know about America censoring even more media than Israel. I am going to Israel in a week and I have been advised to be careful what I take pictures of, etc. The official State Dept. warning says that Americans traveling to Israel have had cameras and other equipment confiscated. Sometimes they get it back sometimes they don't.

That sounds like censorship to me, censorship that does not exist in the US. If they do that for a tourist I wonder what they do with their own media?

It also is not surprising or unbelievable that a PR firm exists to protect Israel's reputation in America. Once when I was in Yellowstone I met a lobbyist from a Japanese company who lived in Washington DC. His job was just to try to win pro- his company legislation. There are apparently thousands of such lobbyists in DC. Weird, huh?

However, off of my soapbox and back to the subject, I have found the media sources outside of the US such as the BBC seem to have at least a wider angle lens when it comes to reporting the news. To me it is always hard to say what is honest coverage but I think that if you can get a few different news sources from a few different countries the combined total of what you hear will probably be more accurate. Just my opinion, but when you hear the same thing from multiple sources it tends to have more credibility than any single source.

#4 desertpea

desertpea

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:39 AM

RROFLMA! You don't need censorship when the majority of the news media is in commercial hands.

#5 Len S Changer

Len S Changer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Travel, History, Boats and Ships.<br />Would like to try some studio based photography when time permits.<br />Running a holiday company is interesting and its good to meet so many great people.

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (desertpea @ Oct 18 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RROFLMA! You don't need censorship when the majority of the news media is in commercial hands.

Desaertpea......you are so right.

#6 bloogy

bloogy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:personal finance, especially loans.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

bbc news is unbiased.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users