2 replies to this topic

#1 shacharf

shacharf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

Hello Friends
I have recently about a company that offers a software that enables professional news photographers to upload high quality pictures (very large files) to the web almost instantly. It does require the photograqpher to have a laptop with him and WiFi and / or Cellular modem. I think they are looking for photographers to try the software. I am currently studying the field of professional photography and would like to hear your opinions about this software. Do you think it is important to have such a service? does a professional photographer always need / has a laptop with him? Any comment will be carefully read.
S

#2 zeniu17

zeniu17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (shacharf @ Jun 28 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Friends
I have recently about a company that offers a software that enables professional news photographers to upload high quality pictures (very large files) to the web almost instantly. It does require the photograqpher to have a laptop with him and WiFi and / or Cellular modem. I think they are looking for photographers to try the software. I am currently studying the field of professional photography and would like to hear your opinions about this software. Do you think it is important to have such a service? does a professional photographer always need / has a laptop with him? Any comment will be carefully read.
S

HI

First of, which company are you talking about, which software? As far as I know, any uploading or downloading is still limited by the speed of your and the server's connection, as well as the absolute amount of bandwidth available at the time. Unless those conditions are met, no software is going to perform miracles for you. As far as the need goes, you'll probably figure that one out for yourself, as everyone's needs differ, and you shouldn't be making a decision based on other people's needs, or what's considered "main stream" at the moment. I hope this helps.

zeniu.

#3 shachar

shachar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

Hi Zeniu
After further investigation, the company is offering a software to photographers which use cellular modems and laptops. The software san create wide bandwidth using multiple networks (cellular and wireless) in parallel. I know it has a lot of problems but they claim to have a solid solution, which enables even live video streaming using their solution.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users