Photo

"quickie" Portfolio Making

3 replies to this topic

#1 miaouphoto

miaouphoto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, chatting, blogging, & horseback riding.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

I'm looking to put together a "quickie" type portfolio that is sturdy, easy to transport, will hold up well, easy to view, protects the photographs, looks nice/professional/tidy and is on the relatively cheap side.

I was thinking either 5x7 or 8x10 images, but how to put them together and display them "per page" is where I am stuck. I thought of some sort of matboard with a scrapbook type containment system, but matboard is so pricey precut, and I do NOT cut matboard that well*L* er, I should say, I suck at cutting out my out mat frames. There is also slipsleeves, with just a fancier binder.. but that seems so "photo album" to me, plus I would want the images more "firm" to prevent bending, falling out of the sleeves, etc.

So does anyone have any creative ideas, that will put together a nice little quickie book to tote around with me on my photo outings? I have people ask me all the time if I have examples of my work, and I hate saying no.

TIA smile.gif

#2 miaouphoto

miaouphoto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, chatting, blogging, & horseback riding.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:10 PM

-bumps-

anyone have any ideas?

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:54 PM

I just use clear plastic sleeves and put my photos in them, printed on heavy 290gsm Ilford paper. I then place them in a plain black A3 portfolio case. I don't bother matting them. It has the advantage of being quick and easy to change the content.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#4 shutterblitz

shutterblitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:05 AM

I had my photographs (8x10s, including the white borders) mounted on 2mm Sunboard and laminated. It goes into a small, simplistic plastic case thats about two inches thick. I have about 20 images in it, which is all I normally carry around. It proves reasonably sturdy, the prints are relatively scratch resistant. Now, i don't mind people touching the surface of the prints, or even leaving it behind on someone's desk for a while.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users