Fujifilm Lanovia Quattro

No replies to this topic

#1 shutterblitz

shutterblitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:20 PM

So far I was never convinced about flatbeds providing better results than drums. Oh yeah, the resolutions are all up there! But scan quality takes a beating when it comes to reproduction, sharpness and calibration on a flatbed.

Dedicated film scanners also gave me one rather common problem... scanning film with even the slightest film curl, even if they were mounted, gave a percievable loss in sharpness, no matter how I tried to correct the problem.

Just tried out the Fujifilm Lanovia Quattro, and frankly, I was quite amazed at the quality. Very, very drumlike! The most interesting thing about the scanner is the multiple optical lenses for different resolutions up to a good 5000dpi. The software, 'ColourKit', lends itself to fine calibration quite effectively. I also had the opportunity to work with the iQSmart 3 from Creo for a while. That was very good too, but I did not have the tools to check calibration capabilities.

I cold not test the scanners capabilities for MTF using resolution charts, but I do know it will be rather good, considering the image quality that I got in my later scans after calibration. If anybody has got this info, I would like to take a look.

The only gripe (nitpick actually), is that the scans from trannys are ever so slightly oversharp. Some like it this way, though. Wish I could afford the price tag to get myself one of these babies for my personal use!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users