Nikon D70 Vs Canon Eos 20d

2 replies to this topic

#1 Gambit

Gambit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

hi all, I'm looking to buy a new digital slr camera. If been reading alot on the internet about the nikon D70 and the canon 20D and they both fall with in my price range. I've been out of photography for some time and am excited to get back into it due to popular demand.

I'm going to be shooting a whole range of things from pack-shot studio work to models on location. Please could you give me advice on which camera would be the better purchase and why.

Thanks

#2 Guest_cmos kid_*

Guest_cmos kid_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:17 PM

Hi,

I have both the D70 and the 20D. Both are great cameras capable of high res. with many exceleent features.

My verdict after testing both these cameras side by side is that the D70 is the clear winner. Perhaps Canon rushed things a little due to the fierce D70 competion.

#3 shutterblitz

shutterblitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:24 AM

I agree with Cmos Kid. The D70 is a winner. It was released much before the 20D. The colours are better. One of the big reasons I like Nikons is because of its design and handling capabilities. Very intuitive. Canons tend to have a slightly higher grade of overall technology. However, the cameras sometimes get fiddly to use.

I sometimes wonder why there is so much of an image quality difference between the 20D and the 1Ds. This is notwithstanding that the resolutions and the basic purposes (and prices) are also very different. But they both use CMOS sensors.

Go for the D70.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users