2 replies to this topic

#1 James Jsone

James Jsone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:00 AM

Hi friends,
I am planning a new site. Can any one suggest me a good hosting solution provider? I know there are many but I want to choose the best. I am also thinking of integrating a shopping cart in my site. Hope some body here can help me to find the best solution for my needs.
Thanks in advance!

#2 chappo1

chappo1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,726 posts
  • Interests:Australian wildlife, photography, red wine. White wine if there is no red and.... (Is wife beating a hobby or a passtime? ).<br />language- As you may gather from some of my smart arse comments....

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

Hi James,
I use IX web hosting...cost for me was a consideration and being able to get into action using only the site tools if needed. It cost me $128 (in advance) Australian for two years all inclusive...that is name registration the works.
I use a little HTML but I do not need to.
I do not use the shopping cart and a lot of the stuff offered but it is there. I did have a counter and message page but thought it looked kitsch and have removed them.
If you wnat to take a look it is www.chappo1.com
Hope this helps..john

QUOTE (James Jsone @ Sep 18 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi friends,
I am planning a new site. Can any one suggest me a good hosting solution provider? I know there are many but I want to choose the best. I am also thinking of integrating a shopping cart in my site. Hope some body here can help me to find the best solution for my needs.
Thanks in advance!

We're off to see the Lizard~~the wonderful (sic) Lizard of Oz~~

#3 therightpic

therightpic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:09 AM

What do you want to do?

If you are just looking to host some pictures that you want to sell you might think about using someone like smugmug

If you want the full blown deal I use Lunarpages.com. You can check out my site at www.therightpic.com if you want. Lunarpages.com was about $150 or so for two years of hosting, something crazy like 350 GBs of storage and a whole slew of other features like a blog, image gallery, website development and other software. Part of the package includes a shopping cart but I am not sure what exactly it is or how it works. I think you may be better off signing up with some credit card vendor who can help you out with that just so you know it is secure.

Anyway, I have a little more info about it and another good company called godaddy.com on this page: Links if you want to check it out.

If not I would for sure look into godaddy.com and lunarpages.com. They were both pretty good.

If you don't know much about this kind of stuff you might want to just use a website design company because they can help you through a ton of headaches from start to finish. It will be more money but you would thank me later.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users