Lense Advice For New User Please

4 replies to this topic

#1 Creekjumper

Creekjumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

Could someone please advise the best lenses to use with the Canon EOS400D mainly for landscape with good natural pespective but also to take pictures of paintings (artists own) with a focusing distance of 3 - 4ft as am having trouble with under exposure mainly on the latter matter. Cheers for any advice offered.

#2 redlantern

redlantern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

I would recommend that you stay with a Canon lens to start with. You can save a few dollars on another make, but for best results stick with the original. For what you are looking for you should check out the Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 USM Lens. It is a nice lens with multipurpose ability.

Cheers,
RedLanternStyle

#3 FiZZ

FiZZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

I recommend using a prime and getting used to that. Get a 50mm prime, or, since you are using the 400D, get something like the 28mm, or the 35mm prime. Get used to those, then switch to a zoom. It worked for all the greats before, I don't see why it shouldn't work for you.

#4 Creekjumper

Creekjumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the info its much appreciated that a learner like me can get good advice and a simple reply that doesn't confuse me too much blink.gif Will post when I make a final decision.

Cheers
biggrin.gif Creekjumper

#5 snakeman

snakeman

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Wildlife photography & S N A K E S

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

A very good lens at a very affordable price is the Canon 28 - 135mm IS USM Lens. You can pick one up NEW for under 300 if you shop around.

Rob
--------SNAKEMAN---------

It's not a sin to love wildlife, we need it to survive GET INVOLVED

Click here if you dare

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users