Printing From A Write Protected Dvd

3 replies to this topic

#1 keefy

keefy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:46 AM

Hi i want to print photo,s from a dvd but the print option has been disabled is there any way around this

#2 pacificphoto

pacificphoto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

This confuses me, as I thought printing is a function of your picture manipulation program, not the storage medium. Try this: open the image file so you can look at it. Save it in a folder on your hard drive, making sure to name it something new. Close the DVD copy and open the hard drive copy, then try printing that.

Good luck!

Chris

#3 desertpea

desertpea

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:48 AM

If this is a DVD you've purchased, the makers want to prevent anyone from printing their images for copyright reasons and a 'no print' option is embedded in the DVD. Unless the makers of the DVD have indicated that the images are free for use, you have no right to print/reproduce the images which are probably copyright material. There are various ways of overcoming this if you want to be dishonest, but it would be preferable to contact the makers and ask their permission to print/reproduce the photograph (which may involve payment of some kind).

#4 adenstrauss

adenstrauss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:04 PM

Portable photo printer is a good choice for you if you intend to print the way to go. Most portable printer provides a good print quality, and usually light weight, convenient size.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users