2 replies to this topic

#1 Sheryl

Sheryl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:07 AM

Hi;

I just bought my first digital cam in Aug. Within the same month, the ccd appeared as red colour intermittently & the technician replaced the optic.

Once I collected it back after repair, I notice that when I press on the button to take a shot of photo, there is a red patch appears at the centre of the ccd. This happens everytime I press on the button. When this happen, the lamp next to the camera's flash is also activated.

I just would like to know if this (red patch) is normal.

Thank you in advance.

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:12 AM

Sheryl, that sounds like the Auto Focus Illumination lamp to me - a beam of light which helps the camera to focus in low-light conditions. It can be turned on and off in the menu system. If turned on, it should only fire when required, and certainly not for every shot.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 Sheryl

Sheryl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for your feedback Mark.

I didn't see any red patch when I bought the camera from the shop, only see it after I sent the camera to repair at the 1st time. My camera now is with Canon Service Centre for 2nd time.

The red patch appears everytime I used the camera to focus or take photos regardless of whether it is in indoor, outdoor, dark/ dim area or in a broad day light.

The technician is saying that "the camera is running satisfactorily except the indoor image which some time has red patch on certain part of LCD ( something like Chromatic Aberration effect ) when the camera is pointing directly to bright light. Though this is generic phenomenon to all digital camera, it could be reduced by using flash light".

Colleagues of mine are using Nikon & Panasonic. The red patch only appear when it is used is dark/dim area. That's why I don't find the reason given by Canon is acceptable.

What's your opinion in this ? Thank you again

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users